The Vedic Path aims at promoting knowledge traditions by publishing research papers from the multidisciplinary, cultural and scientific perspective. We accept original theoretical research papers, book reviews, interviews. Submissions are accepted and read year-round. Submissions are made from January to February for no.1 (Jan-March), from April to May for no.2(April-June), from July to August for no.3 (July-September) and from October to November for no.4 (October-December). Please read submission guidelines and Download Template.
Format of the Papers:
- The research papers should be conform to the MLA Handbook for Writers of Research Papers (7th and 8th Edition) in all respects.
- The research papers must be unpublished and not have been submitted elsewhere for publication.
- The first page must contain Title/Subtitle of the research paper, with a brief abstract of the paper (100-150 words) and Key Words), Name of Author/s, Designation, Affiliation Details, Official and Postal Address, Email Address and Phone Number.
- Manuscripts must be in Times New Roman font, size 12 and justified, single spaced and submitted only in MS Word 2007 or 2010.
- The size of papers should be between 3000-5000 inclusive of Works Cited. However, submission exceeding the limit also can be accepted, depending upon its quality.
- Deadline for submissions: 28th February for no.1(January-March), 31st May for no.2 (April-June), 31st August for no.3 (July-September) and 30th November for no.4 (October-December).
- Submission can be sent by email at firstname.lastname@example.org as single attached documents. The documents must include name and affiliation details and brief bio in the body of your submission. Subject line must be Submission of Paper etc.
- Submission e-mail must include the statement claiming that the author has read the submission guidelines and agrees to the policy of the journal and that the submission is original and does not contain plagiarised material.
- Author should be careful regarding grammatical and typographical errors.
- All manuscripts submitted be in English. Quotations other than English must be accompanied by translations and font file. Sanskrit and Hindi words should be written with diacritics.
- Submissions should not be decorated with lines, borders, special characters etc.
- Hardcopies of submissions and books for review should be sent to: Shrawan K Sharma, Professor of English, Gurukula Kangri Vishwavidyalaya, Haridwar, Uttarakhand, India.
Authors of accepted submissions are communicated 15 days after the deadline.
The Vedic Path is entitled to publish submitted work in print only. We allow our authors flexible rights to republish and reproduce and distribute their published contents with third parties anywhere in any format on the following conditions:
- The authors will inform the editor-in-chief about the intended republication or reproduction by third parties by sending a signed letter.
- The authors will acknowledge credits to The Vedic Path as the first publisher and include the URL (the original link location) in their works.
By submitting the paper for publication to the journal, you as contributor/ author/ co-author state that
- You are fully aware that plagiarism is wrong and you know that plagiarism is the use of another person’s idea or published work and pretend that it is one’s own.
- You declare that each contribution to your work from other people’s published or unpublished sources have been acknowledged and the source of information have been referenced.
- You certify that you will not allow anyone to copy your work with the intention of passing it off as his/her own work.
- You certify that you are solely responsible for any incomplete reference that may remain in your work.
Action against Plagiarism
When plagiarism has been found to have occurred, Gurukula Kangri Vishwavidyalaya, Haridwar, will take the actions listed below as determined by the type of plagiarism. Unless determined otherwise during the investigation, all authors are deemed to be individually and collectively responsible for the content of a plagiarizing paper.
- Gurukula Kangri Vishwavidyalaya, Haridwar may inform the Department Chair, Dean, or Supervisor of the authors of the finding of plagiarism.
- The authors will be asked to write a formal letter of apology to the authors of the plagiarized paper, including an admission of plagiarism.
- If the paper has appeared on the website, the journal will remove access to the full text. The paper itself will be kept in the database for future research or legal purposes.
- If the paper is under submission, the paper can be automatically rejected by the Editor without further revisions and without any further plagiarism investigation coordinated by Gurukula Kangri Vishwavidyalaya, Haridwar, Uttarakhand.
Paper Processing Fee:
No processing Fee is charged as the journal is published by the Vishwavidyala, funded by the Central Govt.
The author shall receive a complimentary copy of the issue.
Subscription: Annual Subscription (India) : Rs 400/ & Single Copy: Rs 100/
Annual Subscription (Abroad) : $20 & Single Copy: $5
Payment Mode: Draft in favor of Registrar, Gurukula Kangri Vishwavidyalaya, Haridwar, Uttarakhand, India.